It seems like almost every IOS app i’ve worked on at some point ends with a core-data entity with an attribute called “notes”, and there is a need for for a view for entering notes about the object. I’ve developed a component called JCNotePad that is designed to look likes the built in Notes app, to be used for this purpose. It can also be easily modified to look like graph paper. Check it out on GitHub.
I’ve been working on writing a manual for Avalanche Lab the last couple weeks, it’s long over due, but it is finally available. The manual is still a work in progress(Avalanche Lab has a lot of features), but it covers the basics of entering observations.
Avalanche Lab 1.0 is finally here. Lots of great new features:
- Avalanche Lab Pro: A bunch of great new features available for a small price
- iPad support
- Voice Recognition: Dictate your snow profile – only in Avalanche Lab Pro
- Save To Dropbox – only in Avalanche Lab Pro
- All your observations, snow and avalanche now in one menu
- Observation Summary, get a quick overview without having to look at a bunch of screens
- Online Social Data Sharing
- Online observation browser
- New smart sorting of observations
- New Snow Profile editor
- Snow profile layers now entered with top or bottom location instead of thickness
- Imporved avalanche mapping
- Sight points for avalanche mapping, ski down one side of a path and map the points on the far side by sighting them
- Lookup elevations for mapped avalanches when you get internet access
- Import Snow Pilot files
Now go out and update, then upgrade to Avalanche Lab for a bunch of great features, and to show that you support Avalanche Lab and want to see it continue to be developed.
A new version of Avalanche Lab, 0.93, is now available on the App Store. This release is mostly bug fixes, but also has a few new features.
New features include:
- Attach photos from camera roll to an observation.
- Observations can now be sorted by distance from current location.
- New mode for selecting multiple observations and viewing a series of Pit Diagrams.
Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause data to be lost.
Fixed several bugs improving that could cause crashes on older devices.
A new version of Snow Tell is now available. This update is a bug fix. It works again.
Snow Tell, one of our apps is currently having problems due to a change in data format from the National Weather Service. A new version has been submitted to Apple and will be available as an update soon.
Data Mongers specializes in custom Data-Centric application development.